About the Area
Restaurants within 5 miles:
- Isle of Eriska Hotel
- The Hawthorn
- Tralee Bay Fish and Chip Take Away
- Falls of Lora Hotel
- The Oyster Inn
- Airds Hotel
- The Pierhouse Hotel
- The Creagan Inn
- The Old Inn
Tea Rooms and Light Lunches
- Ben Lora Cafe & Bookshop, Benderloch
- Racer Cafe, Barcaldine
- Castle Stalker View Cafe & Gift Shop, Appin
- Poppies Garden Centre, Dunbeg
Shops within 1.5 miles:
- The Pink Shop, Benderloch
Well stocked with everyday groceries and provisions.
- Ledaig Leisure, Benderloch
Well equipped for camping and walking.
Oban - 8.5 miles:
- "Gateway to the Islands" with regular ferry services by CalMac Ferries. Booking is strongly advised especially during the summer season - Ferries to Scotland & Scottish Isles | Caledonian MacBrayne | CalMac Ferries
- Local boat trips around Oban and the surrounding isles.
- Plenty of shops and restaurants. Oban has been named the "Seafood Capital of Scotland" with fresh seafood shacks located on the pier.
- Oban Distillery
- Tourist and Information Centre
- Find out "What's On" in Obandueing your stay with details of events and activities in the area- What's On | (oban.org.uk)
- There are several adventure centres located in and around Oban and Fort William (45 minute drive from the cottage) which offer numerous outdoor activities such as rock climbing, gorge walking, mountain biking and white water rafting. Fort William is considered the "Outdoor Capital of the UK"
- Scenic flights from Oban Airport
- Activities in Oban can be found at - Activities in Oban | Love Oban
Other things to do:
- Oban - Glencoe Sustrans Cycle Route passes the drive
- Walks galore - Scotland enjoys Right to Roam
- Pottery (1.5 miles)
- Please do ask Amanda our Property Manager before your arrival or during your visit to suggest suitable and interesting activities or drives