West Ferlochan is a well appointed traditional Scottish hill farm cottage in Benderloch. Our cottage near Oban is in a tranquil location close to Loch Creran. It is situated by the A828 Oban/Fort William road and therefore provides excellent access to the best of the West Highlands and a whole range of recreational facilities. The ferry port of Oban is the "Gateway to the Isles".
The farm is a 220 acre grass and woodland Scottish hill farm. It is the home to the internationally known Mottistone Fold of Highland Cattle and the Ashfield Pedigree Galloways including many Scottish Champions. Wille MacLean, the Farm Manager and Stockman, will be pleased to show you both the farm and the cattle.
- "What a great place to finish our trip around Scotland, Superb!"
Connor Family, August 2018
- "We loved our stay here and the great conversations on the Highland Cows and their many award wins!"
Webb, Clark and the Lockwood Families, September 2018
- "Lovely cottage. Very cosy and beautifully kept and equipped. Had a lovely stay!"
The Raiths and the Duthies, October 2018
- "During these 2 weeks, we felt at home here and spent a very good time in the area. We definitely will be back another year. Thanks for all."
Grudler Family, October 2018
- "I wish we had stayed longer as it was very cosy and welcoming home, made us very happy. Thank you. I was especially happy to be close to the Highland Cattle"
Laura and Stuart, September 2018.